1.  For v2 and v3 look at the namespace on the Wix element.  WiX v1 was never released and the syntax is quite different from v2 and v3.  For example WiX v1 has no Id attributes.

2.  WebDirProperties/@DefaultDocuments

3.  That should work.  Have you found that it doesn't?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tina Basinger
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 12:40
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Random Wix Questions

I have a few random wix questions below, that I wondered if anyone could help with.

Thanks!
-Tina

1.        How do you determine if an existing Wix code file is written for Wix 1.0, 2.0, or 3.0?

2.       Is there any way to specify a default web page when creating a WebSite using the WebSite node in Wix?

3.       How can a custom action tell if an upgrade is being run versus a new install?  I think that FindRelatedProducts will update the property specified in the Upgrade node to include the product GUID that is being upgraded.  So, can a custom action assume that if the property noted is blank, a new install is being run, and if the custom action has a value then an upgrade is being run?

a.       For instance, if you have the following node:
<Upgrade Id=’GUID’>
     <UpgradeVersion Property=’MyProperty’ IncludeMinimum=’yes’ Minimum=’1.0.1’ />
</Upgrade>
Then, can a custom action check if MyProperty is an empty string or not to determine if we’re in an upgrade scenario or not?

Play 100s of games for FREE! http://games.mail.com