I use NAnt to call in a similar fashion but add some more options since I'm
paranoid.  I also have NAnt version my WiX file on the fly using the
<XMLPoke> task after I've built my project.  To clarify, I use WiX v2:

        <!-- Create the MSI executable.  We are using the WiX toolset to do
this.
-->
        <target name="msi">

                <!-- First, we compile the WiX XML file.  Second, we link the
WiX object
file so that we get an MSI  executable file.  -->
                <exec program="candle" workingdir="${project.build.dir}"
commandline="-v0
-w0 -trace -pedantic:legendary ${project.wixfilename}.wxs"/>
                <exec program="light" workingdir="${project.build.dir}"
commandline="-v0
-w0 -trace -pedantic:legendary ${project.wixfilename}.wixobj"/>

        </target>