Here are some of the Microsoft products and groups that use WiX for their
installations:

* Office 2007
* Office Server 2007
* Windows SharePoint Server
* SQL Server 2005
* Visual Studio
* Windows Defender

Additionally, there are several non-Microsoft products that use WiX. The
biggest one that comes to mind is MySQL.

There are lots more, but I can't remember off the top of my head. WiX has
become the de-facto installation technology within Microsoft and all of the
major product groups use it for their installations. If you or your client
are worried about the stability, robustness, etc. don't be. The fact that
some of the largest software products in the world use WiX should be
testament enough that it's enterprise ready.

Now, having said that, it doesn't mean that WiX is complete by any means.
There is still lots of active development that goes on in the 3.0 version
(which is still beta). Also, although there's a Visual Studio development
experience, Votive still lacks a lot of the nice GUI designers that you'll
find in Wise or InstallShield. There are some 3rd party designers for WiX
files also available. And yes, sadly our documentation is not up to snuff
yet.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Justin