Aaron Khoo wrote:
Hi there, we are using Wix to create the MSI package for our application. I've read the documentation regarding the use of wxl files to generate localized MSIs. However, it seems like this will generate a different MSI per locale. Is it possible to use Wix to generate a single MSI with different localized resources, targetting the proper language as appropriate? For example, I'd like our MSI to contain the localized strings for English, Klingon, Romulan and Esperanto, then based on the value returned by, say, GetUserDefaultLCID, use the proper localized strings. Is there a way to do this through Wix, and if so, what is the best way to do so?

MSI doesn't support packages with multiple languages. The officially supported approach is to use one language-neutral package, multiple language-specific transforms, and a bootstrapper that applies the right transform before launching the .msi.

--
sig://boB
http://bobs.org