Hi there,

I've managed to find some more information on the subject and think I have
solved the problem I was having.

In the CustomAction I've changed the condition from NOT Installed to

    <CustomAction Id='LaunchFile' FileKey='svg' ExeCommand=''
Return='asyncNoWait' />

    <InstallExecuteSequence>
      <Custom Action='LaunchFile'
After='InstallFinalize'>$Install=3</Custom>
    </InstallExecuteSequence>

I.E. Only run if the client component is being installed. I've tried it once
and it apeared to work okay.