-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of dave_c
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 9:50 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] run a script passing a parameter

Sorry it is me again.

>From the command line, if I run

perl "C:\Program Files\Acme\Foobar 1.0\first.pl" install then the
program
works, note the quotes required because of whitespace in the path.

When I put it into my wix file it does not work.

    <Property Id="QtExecCmdLine" Value="perl [INSTALLDIR]first.pl
install"/>
      <CustomAction Id="QtExec" BinaryKey="wixca" DllEntry="CAQuietExec"
Execute="immediate" Return="check"/>
    <Binary Id="wixca" src="c:\wix_v2_orig\wixca.dll"/>

    <InstallExecuteSequence>
      <Custom Action="QtExec" After="InstallFinalize"/>
    </InstallExecuteSequence>

MSI (s) (A0!38) [14:30:09:419]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Deleting QtExecCmdLine
property. Its current value is 'perl [INSTALLDIR]first.pl install'.
CAQuietExec:  Command string must begin with quoted application name.
CAQuietExec:  Error 0x80070057: invalid command line property value
CAQuietExec:  Error 0x80070057: failed to get Command Line
Action ended 14:30:09: QtExec. Return value 3.
Action ended 14:30:09: INSTALL. Return value 3.

If I try the same with

    <Property Id="QtExecCmdLine" Value="perl C:\Program
Files\Acme\Foobar
1.0\first.pl install"/>
      <CustomAction Id="QtExec" BinaryKey="wixca" DllEntry="CAQuietExec"
Execute="immediate" Return="check"/>
    <Binary Id="wixca" src="c:\wix_v2_orig\wixca.dll"/>

I get the same error message.

[Remainder of original message trimmed]

* C O N F I D E N T I A L I T Y N O T I C E *
The content of this e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication in
error, be aware that forwarding it, copying it, or in any way disclosing its
content to any other person, is strictly prohibited. Peek Traffic Corporation
is neither liable for the contents, nor for the proper, complete and timely
transmission of (the information contained in) this communication. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the author by replying to
this e-mail immediately and delete the material from any computer.