I'd say you need to find out what those registry items are for. You're
right that there should be a "better way", and that is Heat should not
be including them (unless they really are needed).

Since they are appearing, it sounds as if either you have:

A)      Found a bug in Heat

B)      There are COM dll's in the files you are processing (which
presumably your software is not using, and can therefore be removed)

C)      Some other process running on your system writing things to the
registry very frequently. (Since well behaved software tends not to,
this could indicate a malware infestation of some sort).

Would you be willing to share some more information about the registry
entries that are being generated? Perhaps someone here on the mailing
list can throw some light on what is going on.

Regards,

Richard