Scott,

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that you currently have
the same source file included in multiple components. Is that right?

If so, presumably there is something stopping you from putting the
file(s) in as many components as you need and including a ComponentRef
to it/them in your feature(s). What is that? My guess would be that the
"shared" files have to be installed in the same folder as the
application, and since the applications can be installed stand-alone
(presumably each into their own folder) you may need the same file in
more than one place.

Am I on the right track so far?

Regards,

Richard