On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 20:38:16 +0000, Fredrik Grohn wrote:

First to all, please, clear out all the participants from the To: and CC: lines
and keep the discussion on the list itself. I guess we all monitor it regularly
so it's really not beneficial to receive every posting twice, both directly and
from the list.

Fredrik,

> What I don’t understand is why people are so eager to build managed
> custom actions in the first place.

That's what bothers me, too. If somebody really wanting to write a managed (or
unmanaged) custom action could tell us why he or she needs it in the first
place. I completely agree with Richard Foster, me, too: the only real custom
action I ever wrote was to check the product key entered by the user. I have a
suspicion that the need for custom actions stem from sloppy programming of the
application to be installed rather than any real, legitimate need for something
WI can't solve.

Bye,
   Gábor

DEÁK JAHN, Gábor -- Budapest, Hungary