To deal with a UAC related issue, I need to be able to install a COM DLL
into HKLM (so that it adds keys to HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID). I install
the file into the LocalAppDataFolder and use the wix class element to
register it into HKCR. That I want to still have wix do for me. But I also
want the class to be additionally registered into HKLM.
Is there any way to do this with the class element or do I just have to
create the reg keys in HKLM I need directly?

Thanks,

Patrick Schmid