If you care about passing all the validation checks I'd go with your initial
solution of adding
RemoveFolder to all the components.  Otherwise just have 1 component for the
RemoveFolder entry.
Personally I think ICE 38 is a complete pain and I've been ignoring it for ages
with no
side-effects.  On the other hand my installer runs from a bootstrapper, so I
can be sure the user
nevers get the chance to change ALLUSERS to anything other than 1.

Rob