From: Bob Arnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 5:23 PM
To: Foster, Richard - PAL
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] WiX and string formatting

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

To clarify Rennie's comment...

Yes, you will need a custom action, but not one that you code manually.
The already available "Type 51" custom action (see the <CustomAction>
element, specifically the "Property" attribute) should be able to handle
what you need if the user just enters the server name. (I.e it should be
possible to build the actual URL - the value attribute would contain
something like "tcp://[USER_ENTERED_SERVER_NAME_PROPERTY]:11232/",
possibly using other properties for the protocol and port areas.)

Of course, this may not be appropriate in your scenario, but I'd
certainly recommend it over a string manipulation custom action you
create yourself.

Regards,

Richard