LEMIRE, JOHN wrote:
> I'm running into a problem on XP with <ServiceControl> failing to start
> my service. It appears that it's trying to start it before another
> <Component> it depends on is installed into the GAC. I don't see any way
> to note the order in the wix schema but using orca I can see that in the
> file table the dll to be gac'd has sequence #1 and the exe that is the
> service to start has sequence #2.

File sequences don't matter in this instance. The problem is that
assemblies aren't installed to the GAC until the install is being
committed. (MSI hands that off to the Fusion subsystem.) ServiceControl
must be in the installation transaction so it can't start a service
being installed to the GAC. You'd need a custom action to start such a
service.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/