From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 5:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Remove Guid from Property Id in Merge Module.

Hi Pierson,

Here is a sample.  It creates a merge module that contains notepad.exe.
If you need it, I can send you the resulting .msm file. I don't know if
the mailgroup admins allow attachments. Anyway, when I look at the
resulting msm file, the property in the condition is changed to:

SS_INSTALL_COM.98D2E4B9_9DA9_4F65_86A2_C71387B2AE10=1

Am I specifying the property wrong or something?

<!--Source below -->

<Wix xmlns='http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2003/01/wi'>
  <Module Id='MyModule' Guid='98D2E4B9-9DA9-4F65-86A2-C71387B2AE10'
Language='1033' Version='1.0.0.0'>
   <Package Id='98D2E4B9-9DA9-4F65-86A2-C71387B2AE10'
InstallerVersion='200' Compressed='yes' Manufacturer='Test'/>
      <Directory Id='TARGETDIR' Name='SourceDir'>
          <Directory Id='CommonFilesFolder' Name='CFiles'>
              <Directory Id='TestShared' Name='Test'>
                  <Component Id='Comp2'
Guid='DE265B7D-F726-41A9-9F0D-7A0449A6CEDE' >
                      <File Id='Comp2.notepad' Name='notepad.exe'
Source='C:\windows\notepad.exe' />
                      <Condition>SS_INSTALL_COM=1 </Condition>
                  </Component>
              </Directory>
          </Directory>
      </Directory>