Hi WiX-Users,

in our Setup we use a personalized GUI, that checks in its first dialog several
conditions and shows messages, if one condition fails. Most of this conditions
handle previously needed software, like "MMC 3.0" and "Powershell 1.0".

This just works fine for us, but if the install is done with "/quiet"
parameter, those checks won't ever be run, since the dialog is not initialized
anyway. So I tried of checking those conditions in the product itself, which
works, but even while install with gui the messages pop up from the msi and not
in our gui. How can I trigger the conditions to only be checked if the
installation is done in quiet mode?

Snippet of the project itself:

            <!-- Launch conditions -->
            <Condition Message='You have to be a local administrator to install
$(var.AppName).'>
                  Privileged
            </Condition>
            <Condition Message="Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 or later is
required.">
                  <![CDATA[VersionNT >= 501]]>
            </Condition>
            <Condition Message='This setup requires the .NET Framework 2.0 or
higher.'>
                  <![CDATA[MsiNetAssemblySupport >= "2.0.50727"]]>
            </Condition>
            <Condition Message="Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server Express
have to be present for this version to be installed.">
                  <![CDATA[ NOT(VERSIONFULLSQL) AND NOT(VERSIONEXPRESSSQL) ]]>
            </Condition>
            <Condition Message='This setup requires the Microsoft Management
Console 3.0 or higher.'>
                  <![CDATA[NOT(MMC3) AND NOT(VersionNT >= 600)]]>
            </Condition>
            <Condition Message='This setup requires the Microsoft Powershell
v1.0 or higher.'>
                  <![CDATA[NOT (POWERSHELL)]]>
            </Condition>

Snippet of the GUI with its conditions:

<Control Id="Next" Type="PushButton" X="236" Y="243" Width="56" Height="17"
Default="yes" Text="!(loc.WixUINext)">
                  <Publish Event="NewDialog"
Value="[WixUI_WelcomeDlg_Next]">1</Publish>

                  <Condition Action="disable">
                        <![CDATA[ ((VersionNT < 502) OR (VersionNT = 502 AND
NOT(ServicePackLevel >= 1))) ]]>
                  </Condition>
                  <Condition Action="disable">
                        <![CDATA[ NOT(VERSIONFULLSQL) AND
NOT(VERSIONEXPRESSSQL) ]]>
                  </Condition>
                  <Condition Action="disable">
                        <![CDATA[NOT(MMC3) AND NOT(VersionNT >= 600) ]]>
                  </Condition>
                  <Condition Action="disable">
                        <![CDATA[NOT POWERSHELL]]>
                  </Condition>
                  <Condition Action="enable">
                        <![CDATA[ ALLOWSERVER
AND (VERSIONFULLSQL OR VERSIONEXPRESSSQL)
AND (MMC3 OR (VersionNT >= 600))
AND (POWERSHELL)
AND NOT((VersionNT < 502) OR (VersionNT = 502 AND NOT(ServicePackLevel >= 1)))
]]>
                  </Condition>

                  <Publish Property="IDIR"
Value="[NEWINSTALLDIR]Aldi-Ews\">MSSERVER</Publish>

                  <Publish Property="WixUI_InstallMode"
Value="InstallComplete"></Publish>
            </Control>

Any hints welcome.