Hi all,

I am trying to set a property called SQLSERVER like below. What I am trying to
do is that I take registry value as its value if exist. If it doesn't exist, I
should take computername as default value. And user should be able to override
this value by specifying it in msiexec.exe's command line.

    <Property Id='SQLSERVER' Value='[ComputerName]'>
      <RegistrySearch Id='RepositoryLocation'
                      Key='SOFTWARE\MyCompany\MyProduct\MyVersion\MyComponent'
                      Name='RepositoryServer'
                      Root='HKLM'
                      Type='raw'
                      />

When I build this, I get exception like below:
Myserver.wxs(50) : warning CNDL1077 : The 'SQLSERVER' Property contains
'[ComputerName]' in its value which is an illegal reference to another
property.  If this value is a string literal, not a property reference, please
ignore this warning.  To set a property with the value of another property, use
a CustomAction with Property and Value attributes.

I am trying to figure out I can do this by using CustomAction, but adding below
generates another compilation error:

    <CustomAction Property='SQLSERVER' Value='[COMPUTERNAME]'/>

candle.exe : error CNDL0001 : Cannot set column 'Action' with a null value
because this is a required field.

Can someone kindly teach me how I can solve this?

Thanks,
Sunghwa