Hello all,

We have been merrily signing our installer for a few weeks now... Sadly
the overnight build keep failing due to the signtool failing. I read
that there is a bug with XP and 2003 that means big MSIs are problematic
for signatures:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/managed/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.p
ublic.security.crypto&tid=82a0f3b3-b2a1-4af6-90d9-2183ef8f417b&cat=en-us
-msdnman&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1

Is there a way to split the cab file up so it can be more easily signed?

We considered using Vista to sign them but apparently these signatures
can't be verified on an XP or 2003 machine there after.

Kind Regards

Simon
The information contained in this e-mail is likely to be confidential and
may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the addressee. If you
have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately at
the above address. The disclosure, copying or distribution of this message
or its contents without the prior approval of Wallingford Software is
strictly prohibited. Wallingford Software is not liable for
unauthorised disclosures nor for subsequent actions or omissions in reliance
upon them.

Registered in the UK, company no: 02288719
Wallingford Software Limited, Howbery Park, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 8BA