The other Richard wrote:
Haven't you ever worked on a project where some enhancements are
postponed in favor of working on More Important Things?

All the time. I'm just surprised at how few of those "More Important
Things" in Windows Installer appear to offer a significant benefit to
those creating the installation packages, especially in such a mature
product. Of course it could be that the enhancements in question do
offer a significant benefit to system administrators, but that's not the
hat I usually wear and so I'm unaware of the fact.

Regards,
Richard

* C O N F I D E N T I A L I T Y N O T I C E *
The content of this e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication in
error, be aware that forwarding it, copying it, or in any way disclosing its
content to any other person, is strictly prohibited. Quixote Traffic
Corporation is neither liable for the contents, nor for the proper, complete
and timely transmission of (the information contained in) this communication.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the author by
replying to this e-mail immediately and delete the material from any computer.