I have a problem generating a setup bootstrapper using Visual Studio 2008 and
Wix 3.0.3711. My Wix project file (.wixproj) contains these lines in order to
generate a setup.exe bootstrapper that has .NET framework 2.0 as a prerequisite:

  <ItemGroup>
    <BootstrapperFile Include="Microsoft.Net.Framework.2.0">
      <ProductName>Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0</ProductName>
    </BootstrapperFile>
  </ItemGroup>

  <Target
    Name="Bootstrapper"
    Inputs="$(OutDir)$(TargetFileName)"
    Outputs="$(OutDir)\Setup.exe"
    Condition=" '$(OutputType)'=='package' "

    <GenerateBootstrapper
      ApplicationName="My Application"
      ApplicationFile="$(TargetFileName)"
      BootstrapperItems="@(BootstrapperFile)"
      ComponentsLocation="HomeSite"
      Path="C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Bootstrapper"
      OutputPath="$(OutputPath)"
      Culture="en-US"
    />
  </Target>

The problem is that if I don't specify the Path attribute in the
GenerateBootstrapper element then I get an error saying that the
Microsoft.Net.Framework.2.0 package could not be found. This used to work
without the Path in Visual Studio 2005 and Wix 3.0.2925. I guess the problem is
that the Wix 3.0 integration with Visual Studio 2008 does not setup up the
search path to the bootstrapper packages in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Bootstrapper".

Could this be fixed please, so I don't have to specify a Path?

Thanks
Bo
**** GN GROUP NOTICE - AUTOMATICALLY INSERTED 10B ISO P****

The information in this e-mail (including attachments, if any) is considered
confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s)
listed above. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this
e-mail is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended
recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify me
immediately by reply e-mail, delete this e-mail, and do not
disclose its contents to anyone. Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual and not necessarily the GN
group. Thank you.