From: Bob Arnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 19 February 2008 16:20
To: Simon Topley
Cc: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Vista, C Root, Hello world, Windows 3.1

Simon Topley wrote:
> the issue. I have attempted to suggest sensible places we may want to
> put our files, application data folder for example (if I could find a
> common one that all users could use). Even the desktop. Sadly everyone

> apart from me is rather keen on using the root of the C drive, or
> windows drive.

Bad idea for the same reason. If the goal is to write to a directory
that all users can share, delete, overwrite regardless of other users,
you can use CommonAppDataFolder and use PermissionEx to give all users
permissions.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/

The information contained in this e-mail is likely to be confidential and
may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the addressee. If you
have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately at
the above address. The disclosure, copying or distribution of this message
or its contents without the prior approval of Wallingford Software is
strictly prohibited. Wallingford Software is not liable for
unauthorised disclosures nor for subsequent actions or omissions in reliance
upon them.

Registered in the UK, company no: 02288719
Wallingford Software Limited, Howbery Park, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 8BA