Hi All,

 I am logged in as an administrative user in windows vista and I have a custom
action (which calls a VB script function) in my .wxs file which creates a
firewall exception.
If I run the created .msi normally (just double clicking on it), the
installation goes to completion but my firewall exception is not made. If I
run the command prompt as Administrator and then run the .msi thru it ,the
firewall exception gets created.  I cannot understand the reason for this.

I even have a condition which checks whether I am an admin or not and will
ensures that the installation runs only if I am an admin.  The installation
does run and does not flag any error (meaning I am the admin) but the firewall
exception is not created.

Where am I going wrong ??

My  .wxs file looks like this :

.
.
.
<Condition Message="You need to be an administrator to install this product.">
      Privileged
  </Condition>
.
.
.
<InstallExecuteSequence>
       <Custom Action="FireWall" Sequence='1'/>
      </InstallExecuteSequence>

      <Binary Id='b.vbs' src='b.vbs'/>
      <CustomAction Id='FireWall' BinaryKey='b.vbs'
VBScriptCall='FirewallEntry' Return='check'/>
.
.
.
.

My script file b.vbs is :

Function FireWallEntry

Set objFirewall = CreateObject("HNetCfg.FwMgr")
Set objPolicy = objFirewall.LocalPolicy.CurrentProfile

Set objApplication = CreateObject("HNetCfg.FwAuthorizedApplication")
objApplication.Name = "Fence aks Manager"
objApplication.IPVersion = 2
objApplication.ProcessImageFileName = "<PATH to my PROGRAM>"
objApplication.RemoteAddresses = "*"
objApplication.Scope = 0
objApplication.Enabled = True

Set colApplications = objPolicy.AuthorizedApplications
colApplications.Add(objApplication)

-Regards,
Akshat
end Function