Natrayan, Venkatesh IN BLR SISL wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using the Appsearch to check a pre-requisite file for my
> application. If the file is present in the machine, the installation
> should continue and if not present the installation should abort and
> display the error. I include launch condition for displaying the error.

Hi,

IMHO LaunchConditions are running before AppSeach by default.
You can check this with Orca at Table InstallExecuteSequence

You might use this:
        <InstallUISequence>
            <AppSearch Before="LaunchConditions" />
        </InstallUISequence>
        <InstallExecuteSequence>
            <AppSearch Before="LaunchConditions" />
        </InstallExecuteSequence>

This is required in both Sequences; InstallUISequence for normal setup and
InstallExecuteSequence for quiet setup

HTH
Dominik