From: Jody Belka [mailto:lists-...@pimb.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 6:11 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Wix#

Hmm. Need to start playing about with Wix at the Wix level first anyway I
think :)

On a slightly different matter, is the Windows Installer book by Phil
Wilson the best one to get to help get a good understanding of the
underlying technology?

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 01:02:45PM -0800, Rob Mensching wrote:
> It's kinda' neat to see other languages built on top of the WiX language
(if WiX is a 4GL, does that make them 5GL)?  ClickThrough is one example of
a higher language in the WiX toolset but it still uses XML... which seems to
be a negative for some people.  I don't care for the syntax presented in
WixSharp and would much take the VS Intellisense for XML any day.  But I
obviously don't have issues with angle brackets. <wink/>

> The thing to ensure is that the higher level languages are still
generating correct code.  I was a little concerned by the articles about
WixSharp because the example WiX code was not very good.  If the higher
level language generates that kind of WiX code then your trading off new
syntax for subpar output.  Not a trade I would make... but I obviously don't
have issues with angle brackets.  <grin/>

Nevada.