From: Amy Rosewater [mailto:arosewa...@spectrumhr.com]
Sent: 23. desember 2008 19:10
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] wix and IIS7

Scott,

I have implemented the configuration of IIS7 through xml manipulation of
the applicationHost.config file.  All the IIS objects (app pools,
applications, virtual directories etc) really just equate to xml entries
in this file in this version of IIS.

To achieve this, I copied the applicationHost.config, manually set up my
web application through the Server Manager, and then did a file compare
between the original applicationHost.config and the new one to see what
IIS7 added for my application.

Then, I used XmlConfig nodes to modify the file from the installation.

The only issue you may run into is that the installation will need
permissions to open and edit that file.

Amy