Amend that. Remove the Value="1" part, not replace the entire line.

-----Original Message-----
From: Blair [mailto:os...@live.com]
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 6:35 AM
To: 'General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.'
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Problem with storing checkbox state

Remove the "<Property Id="ADDITIONAL_PARAMS" Secure="yes" Value="1" >" line.

Add:
    <Property Id="ADDITIONAL_PARAMS" Secure="yes" />
    <CustomAction Id="SetADDITIONAL_PARAMS" Property="ADDITIONAL_PARAMS"
Value="1" Execute="firstSequence" />

    <InstallUISequence>
        <Custom Action="SetADDITIONAL_PARAMS" Before="AppSearch">NOT
Installed AND NOT OLDERVERSIONDETECTED</Custom>
    </InstallUISequence>
    <InstallExecuteSequence>
        <Custom Action="SetADDITIONAL_PARAMS" Before="AppSearch">NOT
Installed AND NOT OLDERVERSIONDETECTED</Custom>
    </InstallExecuteSequence>

What this will do is keep ADDITIONAL_PARAMS as a secure property, but it
won't get a "default" value unless this is a new installation (or major
upgrade). Change OLDERVERSIONDETECTED to be whatever you have in your
Upgrade table for removing older versions.