I have an XML configuration file which is shared across a number of
applications. My install appends to the this file OK, but when I uninstall it
deletes the config file rather than just removing the elements that were
inserted by the install. A snippet of the install code:

<util:XmlConfig Id="AddNew" Action="create" Node="element"
ElementPath="/First/Second" Name="AppElement"
                        File="[#SettingsXmlFile]" Sequence="1" On="install"/>
<util:XmlConfig Id="AddNewID" ElementId="AddNew" Name="ID" Value="Newish"
File="[#SettingsXmlFile]" Sequence="2"/>

I've also got the following flagged as On="uninstall":

<util:XmlConfig Id="Uninstall" Action="delete" Node="element"
ElementPath="/First/Second/appelement[...@id='Newish'[\]]"
                        Name="Model" File="[#SettingsXmlFile]" Sequence="99"
On="uninstall"/>

Unfortunately this just deletes the whole config file. As a more general
question, is there a way to flag files that are installed so that uninstalling
doesn't remove them? I'm thinking of user data files that I don't want to
remove if the application is removed...

Thanks,

Pan

Compass Limited
Compass House, 60 Priestley Road, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7YU
Compass Limited is registered as a company in England and Wales
Company Registration No. 1714804 VAT Registration No. GB391315557
Tel: +44 (0)1483 514500 Fax: +44 (0)1483 302279
www.compassmc.com

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are
not the addressee or authorised to receive this for the addressee, you must not
use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any other
information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for
your co-operation.