From: Stelios Kyprou [mailto:stelios.kyp...@formicary.net]
Sent: Fri 16/07/2010 15:04
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Including referenced assemblies with a Project Output
Group

Unfortunately no... By default 3.5 will not include this feature.
I asked this question a while ago, and this is the replies i got from
John Robbins and Rob Mensching:

FYI: given the issues with auto-harvesting in WiX v3.5, that feature will be
disabled before shipping. We'll try to bring it back in WiX v4.0.

Rob Jarratt (MCS UK) wrote:
> I am using Wix 3.5 build 1909. I have some projects which include references
> to "third party" assemblies, ie not project references. Do any of the Project
> Output Groups settings cause these referenced assemblies to be included?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rob

Stelios Kyprou
Systems Engineer
Formicary - delivering quality financial technology solutions(TM)
www.formicary.net

This message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended solely for
the named addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform us.
Any unauthorised dissemination, distribution or copying hereof is prohibited.

Formicary Limited registered office in England and Wales, address 1 Taillar
Road, Hedon, East Yorkshire HU12 8GU, registration number 3894343, VAT number
747644304, does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been
maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or
interference.