Hi,

RemoveFolder can only remove empty folders, and RemoveFile can use wildchar,
but it does not support wildchar for unknown name subfolders like **\*.* .

My installer create a CustomData folder, and each customer will have its own
subfolder. They can create sub-subfolders and put files under their folder. So
the folder hierarchy will be like below after the product runs for a few days:
My Product
--CustomData
----Alice
-------Photo
----------1.jpg
----------2.jpg
----Bob
-------Music
----------3.mp3
----------4.mp3

I read the article
http://blogs.technet.com/b/alexshev/archive/2008/07/01/from-msi-to-wix-part-19-the-art-of-custom-action-part-1.aspx
 . However, I have some concern:

1)      For the rollback approach, how could I determine what temp folder path
I should use? If the custom data size is huge, it will require lots of extra
space for the temp folder which might cause failure, and will also make the
performance bad.

2)      For the edit MSI table approach, we can put files into the RemoveFile
table, but what about the sub folders? There is a CreateFolder table, but no
RemoveFolder path.

Remove subfolder and files created by application seems a very generic
scenario. I'm surprised if the Windows Installer does not provide an easy way
to do this.

Thanks,
-Elfe