Hi

thanks for the reply.

The reason why I wanted to open up my custom dialog when doing an uninstall
from ARP is that I need to get a username/password and server name to be
able to delete a database, a SQL JOB, an SSIS Task and a SSAS Cube and those
can be located on seperate sql server.

When using the uninstall from the WIX Installer that I made, the custom
dialog is used to get the username/password and the name of server to delete
each part (SQL Job, SSIS, SSAS, ...) and the same is used when installing
the app.

I dont know what would be the best way to handle this. Ask the tech guy to
use a domain admin user (or a user with all the right permission) to install
the app and in my code, use the current logged user to perform each task
(Creating SQL Job, Creating Database, SSAS Cube and SSIS Task when
installing) and (Delete database, SSIS Task SQL Job and SSAS Cube when doing
a uninstall)

Or, keep the username/password in registry (Hmm, I think its not safe ???)

All help are welcome ! even if you have just some basic idea ;-)

Thanks again

Richard