OK, let me know if I got the concept now.

Here's what I did...

Made sure OURVERSION property was added to SecureCustomProperties.
Created Two Deferred Custom Actions...
        One passes [OURVERSION] as a command line parameter for an .exe.
        The other uses VBScript to display Session.Property("OURVERSION")

The action that passed the property as a parameter worked OK, but using
Session.Property returned nothing.

So, I use SecureCustomProperties to pass the desired values to the Execute
Sequence.  These values can be passed to Custom Actions through command line
parameters, for example.  If the internal workings of a Custom Action need to
reference session information, CustomActionData must be used.  So in the above
script example, Session.Property("CustomActionData") could be grabbed and
parsed if needed as this is still available in that scenario (along with
ProductCode and UserID).

Is that an accurate summation?  Thanks for all of the guidance and education on
this!!

Matt Walker
Installation Development
200 Kelly Road | Quakertown, PA 18951
Phone: +1 215.529.9900, x192 | 800.836.5440
Fax: +1 215.536.9249
http://www.synergissoftware.com/
Adept Engineering Document Management & Workflow
This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that
is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are
not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message,
notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored.
Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for
any errors or omissions that are present in this message, or any attachment,
that have arisen as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is
required, please request a hard-copy version. Any views or opinions presented
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the
company.