From: Frédéric Viollet [mailto:frederic.viol...@evidian.com]
Sent: 22 March 2011 11:19
To: 'General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.'
Subject: [WiX-users] simple condition...

Hi folks,

I'm trying to implement a very (at least, I guess it is...) simple
condition...
I would like a Component to be installed ONLY on an initial installation
(and not on Major Upgrade or Repair)

The code looks like this:

<Upgrade Id='89AC3E0C-C945-CE4F-8975-646C107FFAE9'>
<UpgradeVersion IgnoreRemoveFailure="no" Property='OLDPRODUCT'
IncludeMinimum='yes' Minimum='8.0.001.0' />
</Upgrade>

....  snip ....

<Component Id="MY_TOMCAT_CONF_COPY" Guid="">
<Condition>NOT OLDPRODUCT</Condition>
<CopyFile Id="MY_TOMCAT_SERVER_XML" DestinationProperty="conf"
DestinationName="server.xml" FileId="server.xml.ssl" />
<CopyFile Id="MY_TOMCAT_IAMFILE1" DestinationProperty="conf"
DestinationName="my_file1" FileId="Console_conf_file1" />
<CopyFile Id="MY_TOMCAT_IAMFILE2" DestinationProperty="conf"
DestinationName="my_file2" FileId="Console_conf_file2" />
<CopyFile Id="MY_TOMCAT_IAMFILE3" DestinationProperty="conf"
DestinationName="my_file3" FileId="Console_conf_file3" />
</Component>

My problem is that the CopyFiles are done on each installation (initial,
Major upgrade and Repair....)

NOTE : I didn't set any Guid for the component since I don't want this
component to be managed on uninstallation. Is this a valid way for
managing this?
NOTE2 : My product only upgrades through major upgrades.

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thanks for your help...

Fred
--
*Frédéric VIOLLET* - Role Management Software Engineer

www.wiseguard.com <http://www.evidian.com/blog/>

This e-mail contains material that is confidential for the sole use of
the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others
or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all
copies.