From: Yan Sklyarenko <yansklyarenko+...@gmail.com>
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tue, March 22, 2011 2:07:53 AM
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] how to create a single component in output wxs file
for
whole directory using heat

heat.exe doesn't support this out of the box - it was designed to encourage
the best practice, which is "one file - one component". However, you can
apply an XSL transform to the heat output and change it the way you need.
You can also take a look at the Paraffin tool (
http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/archive/2007/10/21/wix-a-better-tallow-paraffin.aspx),

created by John Robbins some time ago - it has a switch to support your
scenario. However, I've never tried it myself.

-- Yan