Based on the example in the book "WiX: A Developer's Guide To Windows Installer
XML", I added an Upgrade element along with a launch Condition inside my
Product element to detect older versions and remove them during installation.
That part works wonderfully.  However, when I run the uninstallation, only the
desktop shortcut is removed.  None of the files/folders in Program Files are
removed.

This behavior started after I added the following section of markup:
    <!--
    Exit the installation if the product is already installed,
    or if a newer version is installed.
    -->
    <Condition Message= "A newer version of [ProductName] is already installed.
Exiting installation.">
      <![CDATA[Installed OR NOT NEWER_VERSION_FOUND]]>
    </Condition>

    <!--
    Define the upgrade conditions.
    Remove older version on install.
    Check to make sure a newer version isn't already installed.
    -->
    <Upgrade Id="$(var.UpgradeCode)">
      <UpgradeVersion Property="OLD_VERSION_FOUND"
Maximum="$(var.ProductVersion)" IncludeMaximum="no" OnlyDetect="no"
IgnoreRemoveFailure="yes" MigrateFeatures="yes" />
      <UpgradeVersion Property="NEWER_VERSION_FOUND"
Minimum="$(var.ProductVersion)" IncludeMinimum="no" OnlyDetect="yes" />
    </Upgrade>

    <!--Put the upgrade check in the InstallExecute Sequence-->
    <InstallExecuteSequence>
      <RemoveExistingProducts After="InstallFinalize" />
    </InstallExecuteSequence>

There is probably something I'm doing wrong in there.  The uninstall completes
with no error.  Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
_____________________________________

Joe Tilley

FW Murphy

Software Engineer

Office

(918) 317-4130

Email

jtil...@fwmurphy.com

<HTML><BODY><P><hr size=1></P>
<P><STRONG>
<i>&#8220;This message and any attachments may contain FW Murphy information
that is highly confidential, privileged, and exempt from disclosure.  Any
recipient other than the intended recipient is advised that dissemination,
distribution, copying, or other use of this message is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately,
plus delete the message and any backups.&#8221;</i>
</STRONG></P></BODY></HTML>