From: Chad Petersen [mailto:chad.peter...@harlandfs.com]
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 1:48 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] Validating Web site in IIS7 - WiX 3.5

Trying to figure out the right approach to validate that a Web site already
exists during my install. In IIS6 I used
GetObject("IIS://localhost/w3svc") and queried that for the info the user typed
in. Any of you that target IIS7+ how are you dealing with this? I am using a
Web site locator for an existing Web site rather than creating my own Web site.
I'd probably want to do this as a DoAction during my InstallUISequence.

Suggestions or code snippets would be great!

Thanks
Chad

intended
information.