From: Deepa Choundappan [mailto:deepa...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 2:34 PM
To: WiX-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Changing the Windows Service name on an upgrade

Hi -
Our original version of the msi installed a service like "Service Preview"
- I now need to change this to "Service" on a subsequent install.

On an upgrade - I hit a Files In Use box which sayd "The following
applications are using files which the installer must update. You can
either close the applications and click "Try Again", or click "Continue" so
that the installaer continues the installation, and replaces these files
when you system restarts".

What can I do so that the install can correctly detect that there is only a
name change or perhaps shutdown the old service itself before continuining
with the installation?

--
Regards
Deepa

*** Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any associated or attached
files, is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged.
If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please
notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from
your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
contents to any other person. This email comes from a division of the Invensys
Group, owned by Invensys plc, which is a company registered in England and
Wales with its registered office at 3rd Floor, 40 Grosvenor Place, London, SW1X
7AW (Registered number 166023). For a list of European legal entities within
the Invensys Group, please go to http://www.invensys.com/en/legal/default.aspx.

You may contact Invensys plc on +44 (0)20 3155 1200 or e-mail
recept...@invensys.com. This e-mail and any attachments thereto may be subject
to the terms of any agreements between Invensys (and/or its subsidiaries and
affiliates) and the recipient (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates).