From: Ravi Raj [mailto:raviraj.callin...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 8:06 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Scheduling Install and Uninstall Custom Actions

Well Phil, I got the idea but I am not sure on which component I use this
condition. For basic msi I saw that it used component id of DLL which has
"installer.cs" file but in my case I do not have this file at all.

Also if you guide me the way how to use this component condition for install,
uninstall, repair and upgrade that will be more helpful (some code will also be
great as I am totally new to WiX). :)

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Wilson, Phil <phil.wil...@invensys.com>wrote:

> Component or feature conditions work much better in circumstances like
> this, a couple of examples that are by no means a complete list.
>
> 1. Something breaks in your product that running the custom action
> would correct. You would ask the customer to go to Add/Remove
> Programs&Features and use Repair to fix it. The component reinstall
> would run the custom action and fix it. You don't have that option.
>
> 2. The custom action is associated with a feature (or a component)
> that may or may not be installed depending on the features that are
> chosen. If that feature or component is not being installed, running
> the CA is pointless. The same is true if that feature is uninstalled.
>
> Phil W

affiliates) and the recipient (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates).