Holy Crap :) the connect database dialog looks awesome!

Thanks Phil!

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Sayers [mailto:p...@cds-am.net]
Sent: September-11-12 4:10 PM
To: 'General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.'
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] database connection panel...

This may get you started..
http://dblock.github.com/msiext/
(source here: https://github.com/dblock/msiext)

-----Original Message-----
From: StevenOgilvie [mailto:sogil...@msn.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 12:11 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] database connection panel...

Hi folks...

Sigh... I am trying to create a database connection dialog with the
following:
Authentification (windows or SQL server) radio group depending on the
selection, ask for where sql server is, what is sql database, username,
password and have a test connection button

I am trying to connect this to:
<UIRef Id="WixUI_FeatureTree"/>
so I want this dialog to appear after the feature selection dialog and before
ready to install dialog... I am not really sure on how to go about doing that
(I am using WIX 3.6 and VS2010)

any help would be appreciated...

thanks,
Steve
ps... why is it almost NONE of the installers out there have a database dialog
built in... a majority of our installs connect to some sort of database :(