From: alex376 [mailto:asd734jcv9d...@yandex.ru]
Sent: September-13-12 9:06 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] How to solve problem with failed to start service
because of unsufficient privileges?

Enybody help me.

1. I tried to instal my service with implemented Installer class through
command prompt with installutil.exe pointed to the Release folder of my service
project - all installs and starts well.

2. I tried to add Visual Studio Installer project to my service project - all
installs and starts well.

3. I tried to create a WiX Setup project - all installs well but not starts
because of "unsufficient privileges to start system services".

In all three cases I use account "LocalSystem" and "start after install"
setting. What the difference with WiX? Why installutil.exe through command
prompt can start the service from the release folder of my service's project,
Visual Studio Installer can start the service from the destination folder in
Program Files, but WiX cannot start the service from destination folder in
Program Files?