Greetings.

I have run into a scenario where I want to disable the ability to run a Change
install from Add/Remove Programs and the MaintenanceTypeDlg after all available
Features have been installed. This works fine if all Features are selected
during the initial install but if a single feature is selected and then the
last feature installed with a Change install it fails.

I have tried setting the ARPNOMODIFY property via Custom Actions set throughout
the InstallExecuteSequence and InstallUISequence on its own, through a Publish
event within the Dialog* in which the Features are selected, as well as even a
custom action that uses C++ to add the NoModify DWORD value to the products
UNINSTALL/<Product GUID> registry key. I have tried these methods along with
having UAC enabled and disabled.

*The Dialog I am using is a custom Feature selection dialog. The install sets
up 1 to 2 web applications/sites along with allowing Application Name and
Application Pool custom names to be specified. By using a custom dialog I
reduced the need to have multiple dialogs to handle the above configuration.

Another item I noted  was that UAC prompts do not appear when I run a Change
install from the MaintenanceTypeDlg.

Can anyone offer some guidance here as I'm at my wits end on this one?

Thanks so much.

Regards,
Jon