From: Rob Mensching [mailto:r...@robmensching.com]
Sent: 04 April 2013 14:17
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] download file from Internet

That will be very challenging. You don't want to lie to the MSI about what
file is on disk. IOW, the MSI should know what file is being installed,
changing it on the fly would require changing the MSI and that'll also be
challenging (and I believe impossible) while the MSI is running.

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 4:28 AM, <georg.kelle...@lfu.bayern.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> in my msi package i want to download a file from the internet. I read
> that msi has no posibility to download files so I created a custom
> action which handles the download for me. But now I got stuck. I don't
> know how to get the connection between my component and the custom
> action. A version of the file I want to download is already in the
> package but this one sould only be used when the download fails or
> otherwise is impossible. Could anybody guide me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks alot,
> Georg

SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires
that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we
further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY,
UK.