From: Wesley Manning [mailto:wmann...@dynagen.ca]
Sent: April-04-13 2:13 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] bundle - do not downgrade MSI

Hi,

If I have two bundles B1 and B2.
B1 installs MSI A v1.0 and MSI B v1.0.
B2 installs MSI A v2.0 and MSI C v1.0.

Currently if I install B1 after B2, B1 will downgrade MSI A to version 1.0.
How can I prevent this?  It seems like the MSI itself cannot control this (I
have major upgrade element in MSI) as burn uninstalls the existing MSI (at
v2.0) and installs v1.0.

B1 and B2 are addons that can be installed by customers and I can't control the
order of execution.

Wes