Ahh, there were some screwy issues under WiX v3.7 and friends where NETFX
2.0 (or NETFX 3.5 if you prefer) was necessary to have the toolset build
fully. We didn't catch it because most OS's have NETFX 2.0 or 3.5
pre-installed and we thought that NETFX 4.0 clean would work.

Try adding NETFX 2.0 or NETFX 3.5.