The guts of my code to do this looks like:

using (View binaryTable = session.Database.OpenView(ParameterizedBinaryQuery))
            {
                // Execute the parameterized query (id is substituted for '?')
                // to get the binary record
                using (Record idRecord = new Record(id))
                {
                    binaryTable.Execute(idRecord);
                }

                using (Record binaryRow = binaryTable.Fetch())
                {
                    if (binaryRow == null || binaryRow.IsNull(2))
                    {
                        throw new InstallerException("Binary Id " + id + " not
found in the Binary table.");
                    }
                    else
                    {