From: Nick Miller [mailto:nmil...@livetechnology.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 3:16 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Install Net Framework 4.5 as prerequisite only if on
windows 7-8 and not installed

Here is what I use:

<util:RegistrySearch Root="HKLM" Key="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Net Framework
Setup\NDP\v4\Full" Value="Version" Variable="Netfx4FullVersion" />
    <util:RegistrySearch Root="HKLM" Key="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Net Framework
Setup\NDP\v4\Full" Value="Version" Variable="Netfx4x64FullVersion" Win64="yes"
/>

<PackageGroup Id="Netfx45">
    <ExePackage Id="Netfx45" Cache="no" Compressed="yes" PerMachine="yes"
Protocol="netfx4" Permanent="yes" Vital="yes" InstallCommand="/norestart
/passive /showrmui"
                SourceFile="dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe"
                DetectCondition="(Netfx4FullVersion=&quot;4.5.50709&quot;) AND
(NOT VersionNT64 OR (Netfx4x64FullVersion=&quot;4.5.50709&quot;))"
                InstallCondition="(VersionNT >= v6.0 OR VersionNT64 >= v6.0)
AND (NOT (Netfx4FullVersion=&quot;4.5.50709&quot; OR
Netfx4x64FullVersion=&quot;4.5.50709&quot;))"/>

<Chain>
      <PackageGroupRef Id="Netfx45"/>
</Chain>

Note the /passive /showrmui in the installcommand:  This will prompt the user
to close .Net applications to avoid a reboot.

Hope this helps,

Nick