Thanks, Rob,

Here is the code:

<util:RegistrySearch Root="HKLM"
Key="SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\PACKED_GUID" Value="Version"
Variable="PkgA_Installed" Result="exists" />

<Chain>  <MsiPackage Id="PkgA" SourceFile="PkgA.msi"
DisplayInternalUI="yes" Visible="yes"
InstallCondition="PkgA_Installed" />

Then my requirement is to *not* uninstall if it was already installed
before running the bootstrapper (like installed manually). An real example
is:
a) I manually install SQL Server CE 3.5 SP2

b) I install my application which contains this SQL Server CE 3.5 SP2
redistributable (but it is not really installed since the prereq was
installed manually in step a)

c) I uninstall my application (and here the problem is that SQL CE
gets uninstalled, even if in step b the bootstrapper doesn't install
it).

Thank you again,

Marlos