Hello all,

Ok, I finally have Pure WiX Patching working on my projects.  I have a small
issue though.

Melting all of our "RTM" products takes about 35 minutes to complete.  What I
have found is that if I zip up this collection of goodies and stick it on the
network share ONCE, I can copy it down and I was trying to re-use that melted
output (out folder + out pdb) for the pyro step.
But pyro complains that it cannot find the binaries in a path in the wixpdb.

The issue here really is that I'm running Jenkins in a cluster, and each node
has a workspace root with a randomized piece, thanks to the perforce plugin.
Not only that, some of the "working" drives have different drive letters,
further complicating the issue.   This last point could be fixed by
homogenizing the cluster but that's a lot of work.

For now, I'm simply melting the RTM installers every time, but this seems to be
a massive waste of disk && CPU I/O.  My unzipping step for all of our
installers takes about 11 minutes.  So the unzip process is MUCH faster.

My feature request at the end of the day is this:

Can melt simply "rebase" the wixpdb if I were to point it to an already
existing melt output directory?  I basically don't want to have melt re-output
everything to the -x argument again.  Nothing on the help syntax for 3.7
indicates a way of doing this.

I have tried omitting the -x argument but it still takes 35 minutes to do the
work.

Stephen Tunney
Nuance Communications, Inc.
Solutions Architect, Imaging Division