From: Phil Wilson [mailto:phildgwil...@gmail.com]
Sent: April-27-14 1:13 PM
To: General discussion about the WiX toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] within MSI capture user cancelled...

I am probably misunderstanding the UI flow here, but why is anything happening
before the user has made an upgrade choices? Typically this would all be in the
UI sequence where the system isn't supposed to be affected.

In the actual execute sequence this type of recovery is handled with rollback
CAs.
---------------
Phil Wilson

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 11:19 AM, Steve-Ogilvie <steven.ogil...@titus.com>
wrote:
> Hi
>
> On an upgrade (after the user selected yes to upgrade on a messagebox)
> I stop our Web App Pool, and our Web Site. However if the user Cancels
> the install BEFORE choosing to install the upgrade (verify ready
> screen install
> button) our application is in limbo because the web app pool and web
> site are stopped...
>
> I want to capture if the user hits Cancel so I can run a custom action
> to start the web app pool first then the web site using appcmd.exe
> (not a deferred custom action)
>
> I tried using
> <Custom Action="CA_Upgrade_Start_Apppool.SetProperty"
> After="CA_DISPLAY_UPGRADE_DETECTED">WIX_UPGRADE_DETECTED</Custom>
> <Custom Action="CA_UPGRADE_START_APPPOOL" OnExit="cancel"
>>WIX_UPGRADE_DETECTED</Custom>
>
> but when I try to compile I get a error that ExitUser is already using
> that OnExit="cancel"
>
> Error   14      ICE82: This action UserExit has duplicate sequence number -2
> in the
> table InstallUISequence
> C:\Dev\SetupCommon\Main\WIX_ToolSet_v3.8\src\ext\UIExtension\wixlib\UserExit.wxs
> 26      1       Admin_Console_Setup
>
> InstallUISequence table:
> Action                                               Condition
> Sequence
> CA_UPGRADE_START_APPPOOL        WIX_UPGRADE_DETECTED    -2
>
> UserExit
> -2
>

> not sure on how to handle this, any help would be appreciated!
>
> thanks,
>
> Steve

This message has been marked as Public by Steven Ogilvie on April-27-14 7:32:02
PM.

The above classification labels were added to the message by TITUS Message
Classification.
For more information visit www.titus.com.