This .wxl file is an oddball, being the only one that I see that uses these
UI elements to resize controls from a localization file. Bob Arnson wrote a
blog about it here:

http://www.joyofsetup.com/2012/07/14/localizing-more-than-strings-in-wix-v3-6/

And the bug that led to adding the UI elements is here:

http://sourceforge.net/p/wix/bugs/2504/

It's possible that there's something wrong with that localization file in
WiX. The way that I've resized controls is to use loc variables in the Width
and Height attributes. That works fine. Not sure why they went about adding
these UI controls to do the same thing?