Classification: Public
I believe your ICON file must be a ".ICO" check the WIX documentation...

steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Taylor, Duane E. [mailto:tay...@mitre.org]
Sent: July-28-14 1:12 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] The data for the icon WixUI_Ico_Info is not valid

I am creating a WiX installer and it is running on Windows Server 2008 r2.   I
am customizing a WiX UI in order to present a series of variables to the user
that the user can modify.  They are just text boxes.  I have a custom action
that is initializing a database.

As for logos, I am customizing the following three:
         <WixVariable Id="WixUIBannerBmp"
Value="..\..\images\banner_custom_logo.bmp"/>
          <WixVariable Id="WixUIDialogBmp"
Value="..\..\images\dialog_custom_logo.bmp"/>
          <WixVariable Id="WixUIInfoIco"
Value="..\..\images\information_custom_logo.bmp"/>

This is a portion of the log file:
DEBUG: Error 2851:  The data for the icon WixUI_Ico_Info is not valid The
installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may
indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2851. The arguments
are: WixUI_Ico_Info, , Action 11:10:38: CancelDlg. Dialog created

Do I need to specify an icon for WixUIInfoIco?

Thank-you.