Classification: Public
Why are you wanting to run the same MSI twice?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dileep S [mailto:dileep.sanamp...@gmail.com]
Sent: December-03-14 9:20 AM
To: General discussion about the WiX toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] [WIX]: Getting error 1316, While running the MSI
package after changing the name

Thank you for the information.

In that case, we can not run same MSI package (by changing the name) without
un-installing the previous package.

Please help me if there is any other way to solve this issue..

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 6:50 PM, Patrick Pirzer <patrick.pir...@prosoft.net>
wrote:

> It depends upon the name of the product, which Yous et in Your MsiPackage.
> It's not relevant, if Your MSI-file is named Sample.msi or 1.msi.
> When You start 1.msi, it detects the product name in the registry
> shows You the message, that actual installation already exists.
>
> Bye,
> Patrick

This message has been marked as Public by Steven Ogilvie on December-03-14
9:58:04 AM.

The above classification labels were added to the message by TITUS Message
Classification.
For more information visit www.titus.com.